Not the First Red Card Game Gerrard at MU
Jakarta – Red card Steven Gerrard on the second-to-42 after entering the field was not the first he can in the match with Manchester United. The captain was now sitting in the top eight list of the most frequent red-carded players in the Premier League.
The following data and facts related to a red card Gerrard as Liverpool defeated Manchester United, as quoted from Opta and Infostrada:
– Gerrard can be a red card in the second-to-42 after he entered the field.
– It is the second red card Gerrard in the game with the ‘Red Devils’. In 2011 he was also sent off by the referee due to violation of Michael Carrick.
– Gerrard has now become a substitute of the camp host to the fastest red card.
– In the Premier League this season there have been two substitute players red carded. The first substitute expelled after entering in the middle of the game turned out to Fabio Borini (vs. Arsenal).
– The red card at Anfield last night was the sixth in the collection of Gerrard in the Premier League. Currently there are only seven players who got a red card number more than Gerrard.
– Since the Premier League era begins Liverpool now have collected a total of 50 red cards.
– Red card Gerrard leaves Liverpool difficult to equalize with MU. 1-2 defeat at Anfield was the first defeat of the Reds in the Premier League after the turn of the year.